University Hospital Geelong is one of Victoria's major teaching hospitals and has a reputation for innovation in research and excellence in patient care. Medical, surgical and specialist services offered are among the most comprehensive of any hospital in the state.
- Basic Physician Level 3 (Medical Registrar)
- Internal Medicine (General Physician)
- Clinical Haematology
- Infectious Diseases (includes a placement in microbiology)
- Medical Oncology
- Palliative Care
- Renal Medicine
- Respiratory Medicine
- General Surgery
- Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Plastic Surgery
- Vascular Surgery
- Emergency Medicine
- Pain Management
- Intensive Care Medicine
- Oral Surgery
- GP-RG Streams:
- Paediatrics (GP-RG Stream)
- JCCA (GP-RG Stream)(ANZCA)
- Palliative Care (GP-RG Stream)
- Advanced Diploma in O&G (GP-RG Stream)(RANZCOG)
- Mental Health (GP-RG Stream)
- Advanced Training in Medical Administration/Management
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Medical Imaging
- Nuclear Medicine
- Radiation Oncology
- Mental Health
All of these registrar posts are advertised in late May each year in the media (inclusive of the Barwon Health website). Applicants for these posts must be trainees or eligible to be trainees within the various specialist training colleges programs.
Those wishing to undertake training in posts associated with the GP-RG streams must be trainees within the Murray City Country Coast GP Training program. Programs for Skills Maintenance for GPs in our region are also provided in conjunction with the relevant specialist department.
Each year the senior medical staff nominate an intern of the year and provide an award for the best HMO and or Registrar Research Project.
How do I apply?
The annual recruitment cycle begins in the first week of June each year. Click here to be directed to Barwon Health's recruitment page.
Last Modified: Wednesday, 14 November 2018